Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, July 29, 2011

A gun or a crib?

Ah the age old debate. Matt got an unexpected bonus from work. So we want to do something a little fun with a bit of it and then be responsible and pay down his car with most of the money. This story will show how differently men and women think about priorities and babies. Matt sent me the link for some gun that he apparently loves. We already have one hand gun at home for 'protection' (read "entertainment") and Matt wants a .45 now. (I am not from a gun family, so this is all very odd to me. But I respect his desire to protect his family and his need for a hobby.) After getting the link for the gun (not cheap, by the way), I replied with a link to a crib that I really like. Here is the email chain that ensued:
Matt: I like it. Almost as much as I like that gun.
Nancy: Oh, I am hearing the start of a compromise. I get the furniture and you get the gun. hehe
Matt: Does the baby really NEED furniture?
Nancy: Do you really NEED another gun? I would say the baby needs somewhere to sleep more than you need a gun. Smarty pants!
Matt: Dude we have like 3 beds, a couch, and bunch of dogs beds. It'll make em tough.

I love the idea of the baby chilling in the dog bed while Matt cleans his guns...is this our future?!

For reference, here are the choices. We are open for votes.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/fuo/2407914021.html
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=243330189#PIC

No comments:

Post a Comment