Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, August 25, 2011

17 Week Update



Let the belly bands and maternity clothes begin! Last week, I had to officially start wearing belly bands with all of my clothes. Pants that fit 2 week before are now way too tight. The good news is that I can still fit into all of my regular clothes except in the belly area. So I can wear them with a belly band. The picture to the right is from Friday after work. That is the first official maternity shirt that I have worn. I have a lot of room left to fill, but Matt thought I was super cute at Costco so snapped a picture. Today, I am wearing maternity slacks for the first time to work. If people don't know that I am pregnant they probably can't really tell when I am in work clothes. But when I go to boot camp in the morning in spandex pants and tank tops - the belly is all out there.

We had our 16 week checkup on Monday and heard the strong heart beat. The doctor took my first belly measurement and I have gained about 5 lbs so far. I swear a few of those pounds are in my chest alone! We go back at the end of Sept for our 20 week ultrasound and will be able to find out the sex of the baby then. WE CAN'T WAIT!!!

Allison is coming in town this weekend to hang out before we leave on Monday for the US Open. I am stealing some time with Heather to go do some registry stuff. I want to get all the non-gender specific stuff nailed down - stroller, car seat, bottles, breast pump, pack n play, etc. We also might hit up some consignment stores for more maternity clothes. It is crazy how much I think my belly has grown already and how much more I have to go!!!

Matt started class for the fall semester this week so he is gone 3 nights a week until after 9pm. I get soooo lonesome for him by the time Friday rolls around, but it is nice to be able to go to sleep early without sacrificing time together. I am still rocking boot camp 3-4 times a week and hope to go running tonight. Running is a relative term now as I can only manage about a 12 min pace to keep my heart rate below 140 (alright maybe I stretch it to 155 or so). But I still manage to burn about 750 calories each bootcamp with 60mins of boot camp plus running 1m afterwards. It feel so good to sweat it out a few times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment