Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

First Doctor Appt



Yesterday morning we met with Dr. Lewis for our first checkpoint. He did another pregnancy test (of course it was positive) and a pap smear and then we just got to chat. This was Matt's first appointment with me and he did really well. We go back next Friday for our first ultrasound. We will hear the heartbeat and find out if it is just one baby or multiples. I can't wait!!!

We got a lot of fun reading that I spent too much time on last night. The food limitations are not as severe as I initially thought. Deli meats and caffeine are not that big of a deal.

The biggest change was that I can exercise, but need to keep my heartrate under 140 beats per minute. WHAT!!! Dr. Lewis said that as your heartrate increases your body will send blood to the vital organs like heart and lungs and brain and away from the baby. So, I took the foster dogs for a run last night to see what 140 bpm feels like and I could barely run at all and keep it that low. I emailed Torrie (my trainer from boot camp) with the restriction and I am going to go tomorrow, but I am seriously concerned that this will put a hurting on my working out. Of course, I will do what he recommends and do not want to put the baby at any risk.

Other than all of that, the appointment was great and I can't wait to go next Friday for the ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment